Join Our Team
We at ORS have a passion for creating experiences that allow our consumer to feel beautiful. Our educated team of industry professionals is dedicated to continuing our growth by bringing on the best and brightest talent. If you’re interested in joining the team behind this award-winning beauty brand, we’d love to hear from you!
- Graphic Designer
About the Job
Summary of Functions: This position is primarily responsible for designing or creating graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates designs, concepts, and sample layout based on knowledge of layout principles.
• Design, develop, and prep for print, all production, marketing and sales materials.
• Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
• Will research and plan concept by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
• Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art and submitting to printer.
• Ensures efficient operation of related work equipment.
• Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
• Develops graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and internet websites.
• Works with packaging agency to complete all products labeling as needed.
• Will be responsible for maintaining an archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
• Prepares notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
• Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
• Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
• Produce still and animated graphics for on-air and taped portions of television news broadcasts, using electronic video equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
• Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
• Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
• Ability to take a project from concept to print.
• Friendly courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
• Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
• Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A) in graphic design; 4+ years of related experience
• Strong technical background, must pay close attention to detail
• Must be proficient with Macintosh computers in an OSX environment and relevant design related programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Acrobat, Flash, Image Ready, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple task under tight deadlines is essential
• Ability to handle correction and suggestions
• Flexible with changes to day to day activities
• Packaging experience in on-shelf product and marketing related materials preferred
• Strong typography skills, as well as the ability to scan, manipulate, and prepare artwork for press required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofing, grammar and spelling